Tuesday 16 July 2013

It Wasn't Me

As kids, me and my brother would often do some mischief's
Sometimes our mother would find it out and sometimes it went unnoticed
But whenever she found out, she would ask us who was responsible
As expected we would blame each other, though it was my brother the real trouble maker
She would punish us, sometimes my brother and most times me
I was a bad liar, I still am but my brother wasn't
My mother could see through my lies and not his
So I was the assumed culprit
Even though I was innocent
But that didn't stop us from causing trouble
And blaming each other
Today as grown ups that habit of blaming each other hasn't stopped
I guess old habits die hard or in my case don't die at all
But this is something that I've noticed most often
People blaming others just to escape the wrath of their mistakes
They do this thinking that they are free from a certain responsibility and the onus is now on those whom they have blamed
What they don't know is, that in blaming someone they have involuntarily created an enemy of one who never had a grudge against them
Putting it in a better way, they dug their own grave
In this crazy world of ours people look for an excuse to unleash their anger and anger in the form of revenge is a justice that they believe in universally
Be it a small mistake in work or at play, anywhere big or small if there's someone who's been blamed for something they didn't do and are punished for it, the only consolation that they give themselves is a revenge on those who were at fault originally
Most of the criminals who rot in jails world over are inside because of someone who had blamed them
Now they might not have been criminals in the start but once they are out they only think of committing a crime in the form of revenge
This world would have been a much better place if many people had owned up to their fault and not blamed others 
But that's not the way the world works
Innocents die for crimes they didn't commit
While the criminals fight each other to be called innocent
All of this just to escape the truth, which as they say is bitter
The most absurd thing is that people now have started blaming others for all the small things that don't matter
It's a matter of their pride and ego which shouldn't be hurt
No matter the consequences and the outcome
As the saying goes "To err is to human and to forgive is to god"
Today that saying has changed, a better version would be this
"To err is to human and to blame other is saintly"

No comments:

Post a Comment