Wednesday 10 July 2013

Pilot

Like the first episode of any new show is called a pilot, so here it is my very first blog. 
Why is it called a pilot? if you ask me then I guess it has something do with taking off the show and making it successful.
 Some shows get popular and go on to last more seasons, while some unfortunate ones are scrapped even before the pilot is aired. 
So yeah I can say that this post has in a way got something to do with my blogs becoming popular or maybe not popular.
Anyways, getting on, I've never written much but yeah this is the first time I've ever gotten into writing about stuff that I don't know much about, but being that clever enough to present it to you in way that you might claim - "this fella knows stuff'.
I'll start off with what got me into reading books and writing stuff, at a pretty young age I got addicted into reading a certain series of novel called 'hardy boys' which was introduced to me by my sisters who used to read them regularly and although I didn't understand most of the stories, it felt good to read them. 
Then came inspiration in the form of harry potter books which opened up my mind to think up of stuff and possibly write about it.
 I never got to write much having lost the plot after one or two chapters but the stories had already formed in my mind. 
The movies in those series might not be as great as the books, but since when did any movie became greater than the book on which it was based on. 
I also enjoyed watching Hollywood films and a chosen few Hindi films, I have to admit I learnt speaking most of the English practically by watching those movies and assuming that it was how English was spoken until I heard my English teacher speak it,  shattering my whole assumption, though I didn't understand most of them movies but they became a part of my life, especially coming from a family who were into film making and advertising.
Talking about advertising, I've been exposed to this world the same time I read my first novel, watching my grandfather direct commercials and also going to ad shoots, they were fun to watch being made and when it finally appeared on the tube, watching it in its final form even though knowing the hard work put behind it amazed me, It was not until I studied the subject did it interest me into being a part of it, I liked the idea of having my words become the identity of a brand and it being a creative field I wanted to do nothing else.
Another part of my life that I have dedicated to is my guitar.
 I got influenced into 90s rock by a band going by the name of 'Nirvana' and after having bought their albums from various music stores I decided to learn their songs on the guitar, 
So after months and months of learning I could manage to become better at it and discovered more and more bands and playing their songs on my guitar.
I never intended to form a band of my own and become a part of the growing rock scene in this country, though I do have my own share of playing for the crowd or the residents of the building that I live in during a fateful new year's eve, now I have been playing for 6 years and never looking to stop.
So I've written about all sorts of stuff that pretty much has been influencing me from the movies to the books to the ads to the guitars well almost everything that shouts creativity, It's not much but for a start it's something and I guess now it's time to answer my creative call and say let's do something creative today!

No comments:

Post a Comment