Saturday 13 July 2013

Less Talk, More Rock

The title for today's post is from an album of my current favorite punk rock band Propagandhi.
It's also a good song from that album and very much punk rock in nature
I like that title as it in a way describes who I am
Less talker and more rocker, punk in general although I do associate myself with other forms of rock, but punk rock is in a way rebellious and better to sound whenever I play my guitar
Usually people ask me all the times as to why do I not talk more, I having nothing to say to them keep my silence, vowing to come with a good excuse the next time anyone asks
But really it's not that, I do talk, sometimes a lot, to the surprise of many, but it's not for the sake of talking or getting my opinion heard it's mostly cause I really don't care what they think
How did it happened? why I don't talk too much,
The answer is pretty shocking 'I DON'T GIVE A DAMN', but don't expect me to keep my silence everywhere I go
There are times when I initiate a conversation and some times I join in, while mostly I keep quiet listening to what others have to say than saying something
I like to know stuff and when somebody is talking about things I don't know enough I prefer to let that person speak and increase my knowledge on that topic than being that person who likes to change topic of conversations all the times
And for those who don't know me well or rather haven't seen me drunk, I talk, I talk a lot, sometimes it's bullshit or serious stuff or humor but I talk
Some compare me to as Raj from TBBT, if you don't know what it is then I prefer you to die or google it, mainly cause I only talk when I'm drunk
Others however say that I talk to them more or them more, yada yada
I like to chill out and have a good time when I'm with people but mostly some dumbasses would say stuff like 'hey you! say something or maybe a word'
In my mind the only word that I think right for that moment is 'what' and that pretty much pleases everyone
But this talking and non-talking nonsense almost costed me a job opportunity or so that I think, i'll tell you
I went for the interview with my grandfather at the place i'm currently working in and after I met my boss and settled on the seat opposite him, my grandfather said these golden words that i'll never forget as long as I live
"He is my grandson and he doesn't talk and wants to get into advertising"
My boss looked from my grandfather to me and back again with a confused expression while I felt a trickle of sweat going down from my forehead and only thinking as how close I was to getting a job and now I won't get one
Surprisingly my boss replied 'Advertising is all about ideas, if you cannot get ideas you cannot do advertising'
I looked relieved knowing nothing could go wrong now and agreed to his words 
Coming to the rock part, this one's my favorite
If ever anyone comes to talk to me anything related to guitar and stuff, I immediately get on with it, as it being my favorite subject of conversation which most don't talk about
I don't mind cause in the end I go home to my guitar, crank up the volume and play with every emotion and dedication for the stuff I had to deal with on that day
Cause when I'm with my guitar, I am in a world that I created for myself and where no one can go to say 'hey talk something'
My reply to them would be "Hey fucker, listen to this" and a nice squealing harmonic from my guitar to start a long set of songs and practice in silence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment